Monday 25 January 2016

Gaining by losing !

 . . . Team Boss Richard has recently taken some delight in informing riders Chris and myself that we have to lose half a stone (seven pounds or 3.17 kilo grams) in readiness for our Bonneville challenge.

    At only half a pound a week over the next 14 weeks this may appear relatively easy however I  am a bit fat even though I also happen to be quite fit and it is going to be difficult to shift because I have big bones, a slow metabolism and drink whisky.

"will the big-boned biker please stay off "

I have been reassured by friends involved with aerodynamics that the most aerodynamically efficient shape is an egg.   So if I can fatten my backside up a bit more over the next couple of months I will be a little heavier than desired, but more slip streamed a bit like an airship so the reduced air resistance on the salt flats will compensate for being allegedly over weight.

My formula for success will be fish and chips every Saturday, with sauce,  and beer on Sundays.
No biscuits or sweets though as that would be reckless and irresponsible and I will be encouraging ALL Team members to observe a voluntary ban on anything tasty and fun whilst in the workshop.

We will eat mini pickled onions and green tea tablets with cups of kelp stew and sushi nano-nibbles as a treat for good behaviour.

Anything more would be irresponsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment